- Can I get a copy of your doctrinal statement?
- Absolutely! You can download or print a copy of our Doctrinal Statement in PDF format by clicking on this link BBS Doctrinal Statement.
- What does the Berean Bible Society believe?
- An excellent question! Here is a copy of our doctrinal statement:
1) The verbal inspiration and plenary authority of the BIBLE in its original writings.
2) The eternal trinity of the GODHEAD.
3) The eternal deity, virgin birth, vicarious death, and spotless humanity of the LORD JESUS CHRIST.
4) MANKIND by nature is sinful and under the condemnation of God.
5) Personal SALVATION is by God’s grace, through faith in the crucified, risen, and glorified Christ.
6) The ETERNAL SECURITY of all the saved.
7) The personality and deity of the HOLY SPIRIT.
8) The essential unity of all believers of the present dispensation as members of the one true Church, the BODY OF CHRIST.
9) The GIFTS enumerated in Ephesians 4:7-16, have been given for the building up of the Body of Christ, and of these, only evangelists, pastors, and teachers are in order during the present dispensation. The sign gifts of the Acts period were temporary in character, and have ceased.
10) The privilege and duty of all the saved to WALK by faith as children of light.
11) The Communion of the LORD’S SUPPER as revealed through Paul for the members of the Body of Christ “TILL HE COME.”
12) All believers are made members of the Body of Christ by One Divine BAPTISM, by which also they are identified with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. In the light of I Corinthians 1:17, Ephesians 4:5. and Colossians 2:12, we affirm that water baptism has no place in God’s spiritual program for the Body of Christ in this dispensation of grace.
13) The RESURRECTION of the Body.
14) The Pretribulation RAPTURE of the Church.
15) The personal, premillennial RETURN OF CHRIST to reign on earth.
16) The ETERNAL PUNISHMENT of the unsaved dead.
17) The MYSTERY “Hid in God” was the divine purpose to make of Jew and Gentile a whole new thing, that is, the Church, which is Christ’s Body. The revelation of this Mystery was committed to Paul, and it is in his writings alone that we find the doctrine, position, walk and destiny of the Church.
- What is a “berean” anyway?
- Thanks for asking. We get asked that a lot. Being called a Berean comes from Acts 17:10-11. In verse 11 it says that those from Berea (hence, the Bereans) were nobler than the people in Thessalonica because they “received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so.”So, when we say that someone is a “Berean” we mean that they do two things: (1) They have an open mind and willingly receive the Word of God when it is taught to them and (2) But then, they check out what they were taught by comparing it with the Scriptures.Both aspects are important. Some people are so closed minded that they will not even listen to anything new or that might threaten what they already know. Others are so gullible that they accept whatever is told them without ever checking it against what the Bible says. Both extremes are to be avoided.
A Berean is one who has a balanced viewpoint. We listen to what someone has to say because we are eager to learn the word of God more perfectly. We realize that we have not learned it all. But then, we take what we have heard and compare it with the Bible. Then, if both match, we have learned something and increased our knowledge of God’s Word, rightly divided.
Perhaps you have a question about the Bible or the Berean Bible Society. Please visit our Ask A Question page, and we will do our best to provide an answer.